Friday 21 August 2009

AS results day

The waiting and nerves are over, and my students got their AS and A-level results.

I had 4 students doing these exams.

One got her A in her A-level Mathematics. She was pleased.

Another got a C in her A-level Mathematics. She was also pleased.

One of my male students got a C in his AS modules. He was pleased. At one stage he was going to drop the entire subject.

My other student got a D in his AS module. Sadly, he also got a U in Business Studies. I wouldn't even know where to begin to teach that. The D was slightly disappointing. I was hoping for a C.

Next week is GCSE results week. One of my students is being entered by her school in the Higher Tier a year early, and the school is hoping she will get a C.

I disapprove of this practice of entering students for exams where the school has not yet taught the content of the exam, and the school hopes the student scrapes a C. It is demoralising to do an exam where a lot of the questions are on subjects you have never seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment