Monday 31 August 2009

GCSE results

Not all results have yet been reported to me.

I had two disappointments. A girl came to me for lessons about 6 weeks before the exams, and she only got an E. I had hoped to move her up one grade to a D. 

A boy with special educational needs only got a D. I was hoping for a C.

However, one girl who was predicted an E grade, got a C. She came to me 3 months before the exams and worked hard. I am really pleased with her C.  It makes all the work by the two of us really worthwhile when it pays off like this. 

Another girl managed to get her C, although she was doing the exams a year early. That was also pleasing.

The lesson from these results is not to wait too long for tuition.

Private tuition can move children up two whole grades, if there is enough time.

But if tuition is left too late, then nobody can work miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment